baslinux - Re: [BL] Basic Linux as dialup terminal

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Basic Linux as dialup terminal
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:17:17 -0500 (EST)

> I would like to use Basic Linux as a terminal to dial in by modem to
> another Linux.
>

> I could use a DOS or Windows app such as Telix or Hyper-Terminal, but
> unfortunately their terminal emulations leave much to be desired.
> Full-screen console programs such as mc and joe don't work well with
> those terminals.

Have you tried MS-Kermit for DOS? It has excellent terminal emulation and
the .exe file is 256K (you also need a couple of small .ini files) so
would fit easily on a DOS boot disk. C-Kermit for Linux is much larger
but also has better terminal emulation than minicom. Procomm Plus is also
small and good.