baslinux - [BL] Basic Linux as dialup terminal

  • From: Neil Parks <nparks AT despammed.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Basic Linux as dialup terminal
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:04:57 -0500

I would like to use Basic Linux as a terminal to dial in by modem to another
Linux.

I could use a DOS or Windows app such as Telix or Hyper-Terminal, but
unfortunately their
terminal emulations leave much to be desired. Full-screen console programs
such as mc and
joe don't work well with those terminals.

So I was hoping that there might be some functionality in BL that would do it
properly.

The computers I would use this on are running either ME or XP, so I seem to
be stuck with the
ramdisk/floppy disk installation of BL. I don't know how practical it would
be to add packages
to that.