baslinux - Re: [BL] xterm and -fn; WORD for DOS

  • From: keesan AT austin.triohost.com
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xterm and -fn; WORD for DOS
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:19:38 -0500 (EST)

Regarding lynx not displaying properly at my bbs when I use an xterm (the
bold links display double), I need some font that also has a bold variant.
9x15 works. It is a bit skinny and harder to read than 10x20 but there is
nothing larger than this in that category which is also available in bold.

Someone said to be sure to use monospaced fonts only. fixed does not have
bold variants, nor does linux8x16. Which other fonts do I try? xlsfonts
gave a list of them all for BL2 (which is my 'system'). Lots of adobes
and lucidas with very long names that I suspect are proportional.

I may give up on having a scroll buffer and run kermit without xterm. The
DOS version comes with a scroll buffer.