baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: LifeRaft <survpc AT tmonroe.com>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:51:53 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 keesan AT iamjlamb.com wrote:

> I went to Microsoft Download and searched on WORD 5.5 and DOS and could
> not find it - can you give me a more exact URL? We have a couple of other
> friends who might also appreciate a smaller WORD that does not require
> Windows. One of them uses Windows for nothing but typing letters and does
> not want to use Wordpad because she needs a spell checker. Her Windows
> keeps breaking and we are tired of repairing it.
>
> How large is the download? I tried to get her to use WP42 which fit on
> one floppy disk (360K). She is used to WORD. Did not even want to try
> WORKS (which we could have mailed her).

Actually, I seem to have found the M$ URL for this program. Try
http://download.microsoft.com/download/word97win/Wd55_be/97/WIN98/EN-US/Wd55_ben.exe
. That's about a 3.5MB download. I have nothing DOS'ish here to try it
on, but that may well be what you're looking for. If it is, please report
back here, because I'd like to save that link.

James