baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:42:34 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 keesan AT iamjlamb.com wrote:

> I work as a translator into English so this would not be a problem.
>
> >>What do you mean by 'made available' - is WORD 5.5 now free?
> >
> >You can download it from the official MS website. There is some
> >copyright restriction, but it is available.
>
> I went to Microsoft Download and searched on WORD 5.5 and DOS and could
> not find it - can you give me a more exact URL? We have a couple of other
> friends who might also appreciate a smaller WORD that does not require
> Windows. One of them uses Windows for nothing but typing letters and does
> not want to use Wordpad because she needs a spell checker. Her Windows
> keeps breaking and we are tired of repairing it.
>
> How large is the download? I tried to get her to use WP42 which fit on
> one floppy disk (360K). She is used to WORD. Did not even want to try
> WORKS (which we could have mailed her).

This file (M$Word 5.5) was placed on the tmonroe listserv's file archive,
and I believe it's still there. I can't recall the address offhand,
unfortunately. I think Steven is also still sub'd to that list, and may
recall the address. If it's not there, I certainly have it stored away
somewhere and can send you a copy. It's about 5MB, if memory serves, If
no one on this list can recall the address of the tmonroe file archive and
the password, I can ask on that list for the info.

James