baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Problem with email client, BasicLinux 2.1

  • From: sheywood AT shentel.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Problem with email client, BasicLinux 2.1
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:47:24 -0500

Last time you wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 09:34:08 +1300, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org [Steven]
> > wrote:

> > > That's just a temporary storage place. When you exit the
> > > message reader/writer, it automatically puts the messages
> > > in the outbox.
> >
> > OK, now that sounds all well and good, and it would make sense
> > that the program would have been designed to do things that way.
> > The problem is that so far I haven't yet even discovered a way to
> > "gracefully" exit the message reader/writer and get back to the
> > mail menu screen. I get back to the mail menu screen somehow by
> > hook and by crook, but not by graceful methods. How do you get
> > back there gracefully?
>
> <snip>
>
> OK, I think I have finally figured it out. We will see if this
> message makes it to the mailing list.
>
> Sam Heywood
> -- Message sent by BasicLinux, version 2.1

OK, that one made it! The trick is to simply press "q" after
you have finished composing all your messages and replies. Doing
that will automagically move and save all your outgoing messages
into the concatenated file named "outbox" and also exit the
mailer/reader/composer and take you back to the mail menu screen.

I was just too stupid to be quick in figuring this thing out.

Regards,

Sam Heywood
-- This message also sent by BasicLinux, version 2.1