baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Problem with email client, BasicLinux 2.1

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Problem with email client, BasicLinux 2.1
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 09:42:10 +1300

Samuel W. Heywood wrote:

> In this new version the outbox isn't even a directory.
> It is just a zero-byte file.

That's right. The messages are saved in one long file,
not individual files for each message.

> On version 1.7, the outbox was a directory.

The mail handler in BL2 is completely different. It
can do a lot more, but it needs things done its way
(which are completely different).

> The only problem with the new email client is how to
> put the messages into the outbox and send them.

I've just run it from a fresh ramdisk and it works fine.
Compose the message, save and exit the reader/writer and
then look in the outbox file. Your message should be there
(ready to be sent).