baslinux - [BL] Re: Problem with email client, BasicLinux 2.1

  • From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <sheywood AT shentel.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: Problem with email client, BasicLinux 2.1
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:27:59 -0500

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 13:08:28 -0500, Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> On 6 Dec 2003 at 12:21, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:
>> After I compose a message or reply to a message and save it, the
>> editor by default wants to save it as a file in some weird subdirectory
>> like "/tmp/mailzR52cIu/outbox002_001"

> I backspaced and saved /tmp/msg.1

> That's as far as I've gotten.

> Regards,

> Sheldon Isaac

I've done things like that too. If I try to save it directly
to the outbox I get an error message saying that it can't open
the file for writing. Then the system crashes and I have to
re-boot. In this new version the outbox isn't even a directory.
It is just a zero-byte file. On version 1.7, the outbox was a
directory. I could figure out how to use the email client
both for sending and receiving emails. The email client that
comes with the current version aspires for much more robust
features than the one that came with the older versions. The
new robust features work much better for composing messages and
replies. The only problem with the new email client is how to
put the messages into the outbox and send them. I suppose some
of you folks might interpret my remarks as being just a very nice
way of saying that the new email client sux. I am hoping some of
you might be able to tell me that my evaluation of it sux and
that the problem is only one of my being too stupid to figure out
how to use the new email client.

All the best,

Sam Heywood
--
This mail was written by user of The Arachne Browser:
http://browser.arachne.cz/