baslinux - Re: [BL] connecting to ISP

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] connecting to ISP
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:19:41 +1300

Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> > > PAP authorization FAILED
> I moved all the files from G:/BL to C:/BL.
> Should I re-expand the files to that directory
> from the original zip file?

I assume you are talking about boot.bat, loadlin.exe,
zimage and baslinux.gz? If so, it doesn't matter where
they reside as long as you can boot them.

> > I suggest you do a clean boot and enter the pppsetup
> > data by hand, and see if that connects.
>
> I tried, no success. Will look again at permissions.

Permissions aren't an issue if you are doing a clean boot,
logging in as root and staying within the ramdisk filesystem.
A permission problem could occur if you are copying eznet.conf
from some other filesystem with a different (if any) permission
structure.

So, let me confirm the situation: it was working before and
now it isn't (even though everything you do in BL2 is *exactly*
the same as before)?

> Got through to their support staff, was told We don't support Linux much.

It's not a Linux issue. It's a did-they-change-anything-at-their-end
issue.

> He did give me addresses for nameservers to put into /var/resolv.conf ??
> But that wouldn't affect authenticating?

DNS resolution is not the problem here. That comes later.