baslinux - [BL] connecting to ISP

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] connecting to ISP
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 09:37:12 -0400

It's about 2 weeks since I got BasicLinux 2.1 to run from RAMdisk.
Soon after that I was able to connect to my ISP, with the settings as
below.

But now I can't, and their support people said they don't know why.

When I say ppp-on, I see on the screen about as follows:

Serial connection established

Connect: ppp0 <-> /dev/ttyS3

Remote message: FASTNET_RAS

PAP authorization FAILED

Connection terminated

Can someone on this list help me?

Thanks,

Sheldon Isaac

----------

This is the eznet.conf from my DOS/Win HD, which I edit (pppsetup) into the
one on the BL RAMdisk after booting and mounting.
(The password below was changed from the real one)

0 idle 0
0 tty /dev/ttyS3
0 phone t215-967-3278
0 user sisaac
0 password qwerty
0 chat no

## The "0 chat no" is for PAP/CHAP authentication (the most popular
method).
## If your ISP uses a different method, remove it.
##
## Some modems require special initialization (see your modem's manual).
## If yours does, add an init1 line. For example: 0 init1 at&f1&h1&r1