baslinux - Re: [BL]Baslinux 2 + Sun Java

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL]Baslinux 2 + Sun Java
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 07:09:49 +1300

kod wrote:

> I am using BasLinux 2 on 386SX40 8M RAM (Flash DiskOnChip 16Mb)
> without FPP coprocessor. I run Java application (jdk1.3.1
> Sun System) as "Hello World".

IMHO your hardware is insufficient for this. A 386sx with 8mb
RAM is not really suitable for BL2, especially if you want to
run something demanding like Java. BL1 is more appropriate
for your system.

> My Java application cancel without any message.

I'm guessing a memory overflow. BL2 has a system logger which
sometimes has useful output. To start it running, do:
-------
syslogd
-------
Output from syslogd is recorded in /var/log/messages. But, you
might have to run your application in verbose/debug mode to get
it to output to syslogd.