baslinux - [BL] sis900 network card

  • From: "Andy Davice" <Andy_Davice AT easy.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] sis900 network card
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:06:10 +0000

I'm trying to get basic linux online via my sis900
ethernet card connected to a cable modem. I've
already got it installed on my hard drive, but
getting online is proving tricky...

I've downloaded sis900.o from the slackware7.1
modules directory, and read the text file. It
mentioned an i/o address of 0xd000.

I copied sis900.o into my root directory & tried:

insmod sis900

(also tried it with insmod 8390 first, and insmod
sis900 io=0xd000)

result: "no module by that name found"

Have I done something daft?

andy
Oxford

This message was sent from the free private e-mail service by easy.com, the
portal site owned by Stelios and the easyGroup. This email service is
available to all members of the public to use for personal reasons only. Not
all subscribers to this e-mail service are representatives of an easyGroup
company.