baslinux - Re: [BL] Modem configuration

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Modem configuration
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:54:28 +1200

Kent Cheung wrote:

> the dial up server (RAS) is windows base, and I know how
> to set it up by using window system but not using BL.

I don't know what a dial-up server (RAS) is. Is it a server
that you connect to (via your modem) by dialing? Or, is it
a server that you connect to (via ethernet) and it does the
dialing? Or, is it something else?

> for input user name and password, which is generated by a
> secure device that every time is different

Now, I am really lost. You use a different username and
password every time you log in?

If that is the case, I suppose you could run pppsetup each
time and change the username password that way. Or perhaps
it might be more appropriate to use a terminal program
(like minicom from Slackware 7.1)?