baslinux - [BL] Re: cant repartition drive

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] Re: cant repartition drive
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:38:15 -0500

> without a floppy drive, i realise i cannot repartiton my
> hard drive so i have to shelve my dreams of loading basic
> linux on its own ext3 partition for now

You have a CD-ROM? With a CD-ROM you can boot BL from your
HD first, then running BL in his RAM-drive use cfdisk to
repartion you HD and install the necesary packages from the
CD. You need to install lilo too and put a copy of the BL
kernel in the /boot directory, in order you can boot BL. Or
maybe you can get a floppy drive from other PC for a while
and use it.
...and I got some other crazy ideas to install BL without a
floppy drive :)

Usuario Linux #323140
celiseREMOVETHIS AT prodigy.net.mx