baslinux - [BL] Re: cant repartition drive

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: cant repartition drive
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:19:44 -0500

> > I have a 3099 Mb FAT32 primary DOS partiton
> > I d like to create 500Mb or I gb ext2/3 for linux
>
> If you do a complete defrag of your FAT32 partition
> (to move all the data to front), you should be able
> to carve off 500mb (from the back) using FIPS 2.0,
> Partition Magic or something similar. Afterwards,
> the DOS partition should still boot as normal
> (but it will be smaller).

I have used Fips 2.0 but I didn't mention about this before
because the Fips documentation recomendation is the use of a
floppy disk to boot and repartion, but it can be used
booting from the HD too. I my opinion Fips can do the job
very well. Before start Fips you must defrag your hard
drive.

Usuario Linux #323140
celiseREMOVETHIS AT prodigy.net.mx