baslinux - Re: [BL] slow communication with modem

  • From: "Andy Jako" <a_jako AT operamail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] slow communication with modem
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 04:37:16 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:07:03 +1200
To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org

> Are you sure it is 20 seconds? Not .20 seconds?

Sure. Even more than 20 seconds.

> It sounds like your ISP uses a login script (instead of PAP/CHAP).
> Did you remove the "chat no" line?

Yes it's " login: password: shell: " script. And of course I have removed
"chat no" line.

> If it really is taking 20 seconds for each of these, then
> something weird is going on. Perhaps some problem with the
> data flow?

I guess the same. But WHY?

> > I have built-in modem (laptop Fujitsu Lifebook 585Tx)
>
> I assume that is a 100% hardware modem.
>
> > on COM3 (ttyS2) set to 115200.
>
> You might try lowering that speed to see if it makes any
> difference.

I tried on 57600 - result the same (failed).

> If none of this helps, please send a copy of eznet.config
> and transcript.0 (both in /var/eznet) and I will have a
> close look.

This didn't helps unfortunately and I'm sending to you confifuration and log
files for closer look.

Thanks,
Andrew

http://www.operamail.com
Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year