baslinux - Re: [BL] slow communication with modem

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] slow communication with modem
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:07:03 +1200

Andy Jako wrote:

> modem is too slow to respond. It's works fine with Windows,
> RedHat but in BLinux it needs 20-30 seconds to respond.

Are you sure it is 20 seconds? Not .20 seconds?

> after connection with ISP established, before "login:"

It sounds like your ISP uses a login script (instead of PAP/CHAP).
Did you remove the "chat no" line?

> a few greeting lines appear like "... Welcome to ISP
> In case of any problems ... Call ..."
> modem needs ~20 sec to show each of them separately

If it really is taking 20 seconds for each of these, then
something weird is going on. Perhaps some problem with the
data flow?

> I have built-in modem (laptop Fujitsu Lifebook 585Tx)

I assume that is a 100% hardware modem.

> on COM3 (ttyS2) set to 115200.

You might try lowering that speed to see if it makes any
difference.

If none of this helps, please send a copy of eznet.config
and transcript.0 (both in /var/eznet) and I will have a
close look.