baslinux - Re: [BL] opera brower

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] opera brower
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:02:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Jhommer Oblego wrote:

> i download opera 6.12 and installed it in BL2, the
> browser can access yahoo site but when i try to type
> on the search tab to search the net, it just exit out.
> i tried other web site and same thing happened. Any
> idea what seems to be the problem?
> -what version of opera do you thing is the best for
> BL2 and where can i download it?

Opera was discussed at some length not long ago. Version 6.12 seemed to
be the main source of problems: it was crashing for some others (happened
to me and to Steven, at least) just the way it crashed for you. Another
user did report success with Opera 6.03, though. She said it has
functioned normally for her, apparently without the sorts of crashes
others of us experienced with 6.12. I haven't tried 6.03, and don't
recall others reporting back to confirm her success with 6.03. But you
might want to try it and see if it resolves crash problems. Please report
back to the list if you also experience better stability with 6.03. To
get that version, you need to look in the archives at Opera's site. I
don't have an address for you, but you should be able to search Opera's
site, or maybe use Google, to find their archive. They have all prior
production versions available there.

James