baslinux - Re: [BL] opera brower

  • From: s0dj11n AT yahoo.ca
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] opera brower
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:59:59 -0400

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:52:07 -0700 (PDT)
Jhommer Oblego <jhommer_oblego AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> i download opera 6.12 and installed it in BL2, the
> browser can access yahoo site but when i try to type
> on the search tab to search the net, it just exit out.
> i tried other web site and same thing happened. Any
> idea what seems to be the problem?
> -what version of opera do you thing is the best for
> BL2 and where can i download it?

Why not try the latest mozilla-firebird? I'm a long time opera(6.11
now) user but I am moving over to firebird as it has become as
fast(slow?) as opera on my k6-II 300, 64M machine. They both soak up 20
something megs of ram here. I use links2 or linked-hacked as my "quick
view browser" depending on what recent build actually compiles on my
box. Links2.1pre11 these days.

best of luck.
--
sodjiin