baslinux - Re: [BL] locale

  • From: "Krzysztof A. Suchecki" <christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] locale
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:23:28 +0200

cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> I have just realized that my Czech keyboard that I installed under
> BasicLinux 1.x (console mode), does not work, if I do not login as
> root. Instead of accented characters I get some cryptic commands eg.
> "(arg: 9)" or beeps. Does anybody know the reason?

It is bash specific - readline problem. It's not set up properly
for non-root users.
Try `pico -w` and test there :) Works? OK. :)

Check ~/.inputrc for root and for user.
In both should be the following lines:

=====================
set meta-flag on
set convert-meta off
set output-meta on
set input-meta on

By default ~/.inputrc is used but you can overwrite it by setting
INPUTRC variable (set the filename for readline startup file,
overriding the default of ~/.inputrc)

Chris

Szukasz wyjazdu wakacyjnego? Sprawdź nasze oferty!
Nowy serwis w WP http://oferty.wp.pl/wakacje.html