baslinux - Re: [BL] locale

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] locale
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:59:47 +0000

cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> I have just realized that my Czech keyboard that I
> installed under BasicLinux 1.x (console mode), does
> not work, if I do not login as root. Instead of
> accented characters I get some cryptic commands eg.
> "(arg: 9)" or beeps. Does anybody know the reason?

It's probably a permission problem. Perhaps only the
root user (or a user with root permission) can alter
the keycodes? Or, if you have installed/configured
the relevant files as root, they will be owned by root
and may not provide sufficient access for full use by
ordinary users.

Another possible cause of the problem is the config
files in the home directory. Check that they exist
in the user's home directory.