baslinux - Re: [BL] Which modules do you need?

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Which modules do you need?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:06:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> I've started working on version 2.1 and I'm thinking
> about adding/deleting some network modules. If you
> are currently using BL2 on a network (or plan to in
> the future), please tell me which module you need.
> If it's not too big, I'll try to include it in 2.1.
> Not PCMCIA, though, you really the the full pcmcia.tgz
> package to get that working (and there's not enough
> room on the ramdisk).
>
> If you are currently using a module in BL2 (ramdisk),
> you should tell me now. Otherwise, I might delete it
> to make room for a requested one.

smc-ultra (and 8390, of course), eepro100 (may be switching to e100?). I
think I'll abandon those Intel clone cards that take the eepro - it seems
to me like the module is just to buggy to go through the trouble of trying
to get them to work. I've discovered I have a couple of cards that take:
1) the ne module; and 2) the ni5010. I don't know if and when I'll ever
use these, though. Right now I'm relying on the smc-ultras and
eepro100/e100's.

James