baslinux - [BL] make_fd

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] make_fd
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:19:56 +0000

Several people have had problems with the BL2 routine for
making the two-floppy version of BasicLinux. Apparently
the 2m floppy format is too demanding for some drives.
So, I have developed a new make_fd routine. It is similar
to the first make_fd routine (when the BL1 baslinux.gz was
too big to fit on one floppy), but it has been improved in
several ways. Hopefully, it will work for everybody.

I would be grateful if some of you would try the new
routine to see if it works better. It might even work
on Windows2000 or WindowsXP (I don't have any Windows
machines so I can't check that myself). If you think
it is an improvement, I will put it in BL 2.04

You will find the new make_fd.zip here:
http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux/make_fd.zip
Unzip it in the directory where you have loadlin.exe,
zimage and baslinux.gz. Then execute: make_fd. You
will need two floppies -- no special preparation is
required (although you should delete any old files
on the floppies).