baslinux - Re: [BL] naim for BL1?

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] naim for BL1?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:59:51 -0400 (EDT)

To make a slackware package: Read the instructions (I found them online
along with those for installpkg and removepkg and explodepkg and posted
them here a while back) for 'makepkg' - you put all the required files
into a separate directory in the correct subdirectories and run makepkg,
which produces a slackware package. For instance if you want 'abc' to end
up in /bin, and the package is called qwe, you make a main directory /qwe
with subdirectory /bin and put abc into /qwe/bin/. Similarly any man or
doc files would go into the appropriate subdirectories. I had to answer
one question about doing something sanely and I answered yes and it
worked.