baslinux - [BL] naim for BL1?

  • From: "James Miller (office)" <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] naim for BL1?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:55:13 -0500 (CDT)

I recently resurrected a BL1 (1.61) install that was on an old HD I had
laying around. I believe gcc is installed there. I would be willing to
try compiling naim for BL1 on that system if there is interest in having a
chat/messaging client for BL1. Would that be of interest to you (and
other BL1 users) Chris? I would need some guidance on this project in the
form of: 1) finding and installing the right version of ncurses - the main
dependency, as I understand it, of the naim client; and 2) making a .tgz
package out of the compiled client (assuming Chris might want to make it
available to BL1 users as an add-on). In regard to the latter, I assume
I'd do something like specify an output directory for the compile process,
then tar and gzip that directory and name it somefilename.tgz. But that's
a guess. If there is interest in having this client available as a
package for BL1 users and someone is willing to give the required tech
support to see the project through, just let me know.

James