baslinux - Re: [BL] locale

  • From: "Krzysztof A. Suchecki" <christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] locale
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:34:58 +0200

Neo Sze Wee wrote:

>> Tell me one more thing: was there support for chinese in DOS times?

> Yes, 3rd party.

Pure text console err... command line?
Or something in graphic mode?
(I recollect some soft to learn chinese but it was in graphic mode)

I ask because if it was in pure text command line, it should be possible
to force linux to let you write/read in chinese.

If this 3rd party support was for pure text command line,
the question arises: how many different letters were displayed?
We can have max. 512.

DOS is not 2bit system, but Linux kernel uses Unicode.

Chris

Zobacz co się stanie, gdy "W poniedziałek rano" zrobisz to,
na co naprawdę masz ochotę! <
http://film.wp.pl/www/film/2003/w-poniedzialek-rano/ >