baslinux - Re: [BL] jpeg viewers for BL2

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT acepia.net.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] jpeg viewers for BL2
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:37:08 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sun, 18 May 2003 11:17:06 -0400 (EDT), <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org> wrote:

> The image viewer recommended for use with DOS Lynx is Display, and it
> claims to be available also for Linux. I have not tracked it down yet.
> It views many formats and converts and manipulates and is fast unless you
> are trying to view mono in which case it is ridiculously slow.

Display for DOS is a BIG beast. It is quick enough on my K6 400 MHz
with 64 MB RAM, but I am not so sure about slower machines. It is a
32-bit protected mode program and also uses cwsdpmi. DISPLAY.EXE is
about 1.3 MB and will only work with VESA-capable cards.

For DOS Lynx, I think LxPic is a better bet.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
http://homepages.valylink.net.au/~ausreg/index.html