baslinux - [BL] flwriter

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] flwriter
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 15:36:52 -0400 (EDT)

One of several messages from the author of flwriter, who not only took the
time to install Slackware 7.1 on his 486, but then also took the time to
download and install Basiclinux 2.03 and the BL2 X server packages.
What a nice attitude from the author of freeware!

In another mail he also promised to add several features that I requested
so flwriter would work better without a mouse (ways to move around with
Home End Ctrl-left-arrow etc., and keyboard access to Center and Bold
etc.) He never used it without a mouse.

I may try installing the SVGA server - perhaps it will fix the backspace
problem too.

Would Links and Opera display faster with a faster X server?
What is supposed to be so difficult about configuring for SVGA?