baslinux - [BL] flwriter

  • From: keesan2 AT grex.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] flwriter
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 09:56:39 -0400

The author of flwriter installed Slackware 7.1 on a 486 DX2 66 MHz
with 16M RAM and tested it and it worked okay for him. He then
compiled a static version for Slackware 7.1 and posted it and asked me to
test it and I still have all the same problems:
1. Lag until I click on the top menu
2. Lag again if I click on the toolbar
3. Blinking of the line I am typing on when it is at normal speed.
4. Left arrow takes 1 sec to move (but if I hit it 10 times fast in
a row the first move takes 1 sec, then it skips 8 letters fast, then
the last one takes 1 sec).
5. If I click on the B for bold, when I type nothing appears. If I
select bold using Ctrl-left arrow and then left arrow to B and spacebar
the Bold works.

Since it works for him on Slackware 7.1 and not for me or Steven on
BL2, could Steven or someone else with Slackware 7.1 test it on
Slackware 7.1 directly? The static version is at
www.oksid.ch/xd640/flwriter-static.gz

His instructions: gzip -d flwriter-static.gz
chmod +x flwriter-static
./flwriter-static

It is possible that something about BL2 is conflicting somehow with
flwriter. ?

Regarding pdftotext, Doug Kaufman got interested. The version at
foolabs is static, so he stripped it from 1.7M to 500K and then
gzexed it to 211K and asked me to try it. It calls for mktemp -
we don't seem to have that but I will hunt for it soon.

I tried pdftohtml on freeBSD and it turns one pdf document into
a 2-page html document with links/rechts frames. I will work
on getting it going as a Lynx downloader.