baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 downloads

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 downloads
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:20:03 -0400 (EDT)

> and ssh (a secure substitute for telnet).

Are there dependencies for ssh?

I get a lot of lag when telnetted to my bbs (using Kermit telnet and I
think also the other telnet and MS-Kermit telnet and Arachne's telnet).
Would ssh have less lag? I type a word and wait a few seconds to see it
appear. It might just be that the bbs is slower telnetted than dialed.

> Anybody is welcome to use them, but I haven't decided
> yet whether flwriter is worth keeping.

It seemed to work okay as soon as I clicked on the menu with the mouse.
The lag and crashing programs occurred if I did not do that.

> > Also there was no mention there of a hard drive
> > installation
>
> It's mentioned in two places: on the BL2 homepage
> (second paragraph) and on the startup screen
> (HINTS FOR NEW USERS).

Mea culpa. I missed the second paragraph while looking at the info on
RAMdisk and floppy installations.

  • Re: [BL] BL2 downloads, sindi keesan, 04/27/2003