baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: pcmcia card and reader

  • From: ichi AT aggies.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: pcmcia card and reader
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:01:15 +0000

Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

> I cannot remember installing modutils. How could
> I check?

Execute 'pkgtool' and view packages.

> And where can I check the symbolic links I have made?

A simple 'dir' will show the symbolic links in a directory
(plus a lot of other files). If you want to see just the
symbolic links:
------------------
dir | grep -e "->"
The grep outputs only the lines that have the marker for
a symbolic link (->).

To see all the symbolic links in the entire filesystem,
cd to the top directory and do:
dir -R | grep -e "->"
The -R parameter (recursive) outputs all subdirectories.