baslinux - [BL] Re: pcmcia card and reader

  • From: ichi AT aggies.org
  • To: baslin AT topica.com
  • Cc: BL Mail List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Re: pcmcia card and reader
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 10:48:04 +0000

Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

> installing my pcmcia cardreader on my BL2.
> Done according to instructions but get following
> information:
>
> start:/sbin/insmod:no such file or directory
>
> cardmgr[231]: no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices

> So I think that I have to install insmod

You don't have to install insmod. BasicLinux has a version
of insmod in /bin/busybox. The problem is the pathname (/sbin).
There are two different ways to fix this:
(1) edit etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia and remove the /sbin prefix from
insmod. /bin/busybox is in $PATH, so insmod (without /sbin)
should be found. =OR=
(2) put a symbolic link in /sbin pointing at insmod:
ln -s /bin/busybox/insmod /sbin/insmod

> and have to get drivers in /proc/devices.

Once the insmod problem is fixed, the /proc/devices
error will probably disappear.