b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 01:28:02 -0600

 Karl, Karl, try to follow the flow of the discussion.  It was you who first mentioned corruption in regard to Mishnaic Hebrew in the midst of a discussion we were having about the Masoretic text.  I said it was not a corruption.  That led eventually to my saying that I did not consider what the Masoretes did to be a corruption, and for some reason you referred to that as a red herring, apparently not knowing what a red herring is.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary