b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 9:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 9:14
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:06:46 +0200

Dear b-hebrew listers,

concerning Ecc 9:14.
I think that the scenary descripton the author offers us in this verse is something imagined...  not real.
Namely,
1. Is it logical that a GREAT king makes an attack on a LITTLE town?
2. Is it logical that this king builds BIG works of war round about al LITTLE town?

 Is this a good reason to think that it is an imagined scenario and not a real one?

Pere Porta