b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew was linguistically isolated?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew was linguistically isolated?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:51:42 -0700

George:

There are three chronologies that I’ve heard of, high (Raamsis II ca. 1200 BC), middle (Raamsis II another name for Shishaq who invaded and conquered the divided kingdom after the death of Solomon) and low (Raamsis II = Necho). I’m not making anything up, I haven’t made enough of an investigation of history to make my own theory. However, of the three, the low chronology seems to make the best fit with what archaeology I know. It fits with what I’ve heard from a few sources that the Tell Amarna tablets date from the divided kingdom period. Their messages don’t fit the findings of archeology from the other two chronologies.