b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Takliyth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Mike Burke <michaelgburk AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>, "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Takliyth
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 10:58:03 -0800 (PST)

I didn't mean to imply that all occurrences of the word must contain all the possible nuances of the word, I'm merely trying to understand what those possible nuances are.

Are ideas like "mature," "healthy," and morally or ethically "perfect" possible nuances of Takliyth?

Are they possible nuances of perfectum, but not of Takliyth?

Would it have been wrong for Augustine to read such a meaning into Takliyth?

These are the questions I'm interested in.

I know it occurs only five times in the Old Testament, but I would assume it occurs more often than that in the entire Hebrew corpus (i.e. Midrash, Mishna, Apocrypha, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, etc.), wouldn't it?