b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax Workbooks

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry H." <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax Workbooks
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 07:26:36 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
To: "George Athas" <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
Cc: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:15 PM

I just found that one can download Waltke & O’Conner at
http://www.scribd.com/doc/27643090/An-Intro-to-Biblical-Hebrew-Syntax-Waltke

I have skimmed lots of pages, concentrating on conjugation of Qatal vs.
Yiqtol. It looks as if the book is more a survey of previous students’
theories, instead of a grammar per se. As such, I don’t think it would be
accurate to say that this book is a workbook. Rather, it seems to be more
like a PhD dissertation.

Waltke and O'Conner was intended as an intermediate reference grammar. I
had Waltke for intermediate Hebrew, and we received xeroxed galley proofs of
the text. I personally think it's quite well done for what it is.

N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., M.Div., Th.M
Semper melius Latine sonat...
The American Academy
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Salvatori Excellence in Education Winner)

http://my.opera.com/barryhofstetter