b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Sam 7:6 prep L before meyom

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Charles Grebe <cgrebe AT briercrest.ca>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Sam 7:6 prep L before meyom
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:25:10 +0000

Karl,

So would you translate the first part of 2 Sam 7:6 as

"For I have not dwelt in a house for from the day I brought up the sons of
Israel from Egypt until this day..."?

If so, what would “for from the day” mean in this verse?

Also, how would it be different from simply saying “from the day”?

Charles Grebe
Briercrest College and Seminary
Caronport, SK, Canada