b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 45:9 mini

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Isaac Fried" <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: <steve AT voiceinwilderness.info>, "'Pere Porta'" <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 45:9 mini
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:18:22 +0200

In Isa. 22:4 MINIY = MIN-ANIY (with the dagesh in the N as expected after a xirek.) In Job 31:7 MINIY = MIN-HI, with HI היא referring to the road.

I notice that in TUMATIY = TUMAH-ATIY the M is with a dagesh as expected after a qubuc, in TITEH the T (tet) is with a dagesh as expected after a xirik, in A$URIY = A$UR-ANIY the $ is with a dagesh as expected after a patax, in HADAREK the D is as expected with a dagesh after a patax, in LIBIY=LEB-ANIY the B is with a dagesh as expected after a xirik, and the P in UBKAPAY is with a dagesh as expected after a patax.

Isaac Fried, Boston University

[Steve Miller] I was not thinking of examples like Isa 22:4, where it is the preposition min + 1st person pronoun suffix. I was thinking of Job 31:7; Ps 44:19 & others, where mini is just a preposition, where a 1st person pronoun suffix meaning is not possible.