b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 25:21 לנכח on behalf of?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 25:21 לנכח on behalf of?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:20:59 -0800

Pere:

I do not consider translations as evidence, which was a real point of
contention between me and another writer on this list years ago (he would
quote translation after translation to try to make his point, and I would
reject them all). What I need is lexical and/or grammatical evidence, and
as far as I can see, that evidence is that שלום is the subject of יבוא in
this verse.

Karl W. Randolph.