b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 25:21 לנכח on behalf of?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 25:21 לנכח on behalf of?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 05:55:34 +0100

Absolutely it could be an infinitive... but I'm afraid that נכח is not used
as a verb in the Tanakh.
In Gn 30:38 and in Pr 4:25 we find לנכח as well.

I think that, as you say, לנכח is here to show the idea of presenting his
wife before the Lord in his prayers.

Regards

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Northeastern Spain)