b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] k'ehad mimenou

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Andronic Khandjani <andronicusmy AT gmail.com>
  • To: Chavoux Luyt <chavoux AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] k'ehad mimenou
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:55:02 +0200

Shalom,

Yes, the other translations seems to create another question:"ehad" would
refer only to Adam. It would suggest that Eva did not know "the good and
evil". Only Adam was expelled from "Gan Eden". Did he separate from his
wife as some traditions suggested?

I don't think that the traditional translations who are following the LXX
offer us any satisfactory solution.

Let me ask again the question, there some objection to translate "Adam" as
a plural:"the humans" and to consider "ehad" as a reference to 2.24.

In the Genesis a wrong "unity" is followed by the Heavenly judgment(Gen
11:1 and 6).

Firouz Khandjani

Pleven, Bulgaria