b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hb 1:7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hb 1:7
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:30:11 +0200

I think, Yigal, that this is because of the two number noun types that are
found in verse 6 (the plural KSDYM and the singular GWY).
The Hebrew writes and refers to the singular (GWY) and translators tink of
the plural (KSDYM).
But.... they both speak or write on the same entity, not on different
entities....

Because really we can assert that in a general way (not always) England
(singular) = Englishmen (plural); Israel (singular) = Israelians (plural);
Spain = Spaniards... and so on.

Do you think I'm right?

Pere Porta