b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Idioms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jack Kilmon" <jkilmon AT historian.net>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Idioms
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:34:03 -0500

Hi all:

First, if there are any Muslim members, may I offer my best wishes for Ramadan.

I have found in my Aramaic background studies relevant to the NEW Testament that idiom is very often overlooked in doing exegesis. I would be very interested if some members would post examples of Hebrew idioms, euphemisms, metaphors and figures of speech from the Tanakh that often go unclarified but which may affect exegesis, particularly by Christians. Perhaps there is a seminal work on this as well.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack Kilmon
Houston, TX