b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A question for Isaac Fried

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: James Spinti <JSpinti AT Eisenbrauns.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A question for Isaac Fried
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 09:52:01 -0400

Please, don't give up. I am really, really interested in hearing an explanation for the dagesh in
the second L of L$LXNW לְשַׁלְּחֵנוּ 'to send us away', of Ex 13:15
and the M of &MXNW שַׂמְּחֵנוּ 'gladden us', of Ps 90:15.
I promise not to argue with you about it, I will just listen.

Isaac Fried, Boston University