b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] initial aleph

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] initial aleph
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 17:39:31 -0200

isaac,

first, they had no pens.

second, did you see them double the letters?

third, maybe they also inventer EL=mighty and ELON=OAK and all the other
words you always build your lofty theory upon?
but you know exactly where to draw the correct line between the true and
false hebrew.

fourth: if anyone of the B-Hebrew listers can find solid documentation which
shows that these doubled letter words
are much older than the naqdanim and the scribes, in many semitic dialects,
will you eat your hat or
discredit the evidence as irrelevant? i assume the second option.

it really is an uphill battle. i give up.

best
nir cohen

On Wed, 11 May 2011 14:57:07 -0400, Isaac Fried wrote