b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] initial aleph

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] initial aleph
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:12:20 -0200

dear isaac,

i knew it was coming.

can you please tell me how many times LBB (with or without prefix and suffix)
appears in the OT?

same thing with MYLL an MYLH. GLL and GL. MDD and MD. QCC and QC. XRR and XR.
(WLL and (WL. DLL and DL.
X$$ and X$. MCC and MC. BQQ and BQ. NYCOC. SBB and SB. etc etc etc. XDD and
XD.

wherefrom did these doubled letters come from?

what is your explanation for the coexistence of these pairs of similar
etymology?

so LEBAB has 2 B and LIBI never had a dagesh forte?

nir cohen

On Wed, 11 May 2011 11:24:21 -0400, Isaac Fried wrote