b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tevel vs Evel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tevel vs Evel
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 07:56:59 +0200

Nir,

I'm focusing my attention onto this word kind and not onto words with
segol-segol.

Concerning nouns with tsere-tsere --------> there are more than those you
say. And so, XR$, deaf (Ex 4:11) and other that are not found in the Bible.

Now, nouns with tsere-segol I found recently the complete list of this noun
type -no matter they appear in the bible or not-. This list consists of
around 60 nouns and these are the ONLY to fit this vowel pattern within the
whole of the Hebrew language.

But I intended to find an answer to this question: is there a common
denominator to these 60 nouns?

As I wrote in a preceding post, I am ready to send that list to those who
are interested in the issue (preferably by private mail, unless moderators
of this forum think that it can be of a general interest for the list
members)

Regards

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)