b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Resources for B-Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David P Donnelly <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Resources for B-Hebrew
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 08:57:27 -0500

Hi again Kirk
B-hebrew just recently announced the passing away of Professor Anson
Rainey.
Professor Rainey was a rare Jewish Professor who both had his own
website,
AND believed that God's name might have been "Yahweh"

http://members.fortunecity.com/yahuwthah/Resource-577/AnsonLetter.htm

At the above link Professor Anson Rainey discusses in precise detail why
he believed that God's name was "Yahweh". Professor Anson Rainey believed
that Clement of Alexandria, who wrote:
“The mystic name which is called the tetragram­maton … is pronounced
Iaoue, which means ‘Who is, and who shall be." was a good source for the
possibility that the original pronunciation of God's name was "Yahweh".

In my opinion:
http://members.fortunecity.com/yahuwthah/Resource-577/AnsonLetter.htm
is a link that contains basic resources that many B-Hebrew member who
are interested in the "Yahweh" controversy, might just want to know
about.

Dave Donnelly
[b-hebrew] Resources for B-Hebrew
Kirk Lowery Kirk at GrovesCenter.org