b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qames hatuph - syllable and sheva

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Charles Grebe <cgrebe AT briercrest.ca>
  • To: B Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qames hatuph - syllable and sheva
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:46:04 -0600

Another example would be the first word in Number 6:24 which (I think)
is pronounced "yi-va-re-chi-cha" rather than "yi-va-rech-cha".

The last word in the next verse (Num 6:25) DOES have a dagesh in the
final caph but it must be a dagesh forte because it is preceded by an
open syllable.

Charles Grebe